Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Accepted Unexpected


Last week Helen received an e-mail saying her "Time to Resurface' piece had been accepted into the Canadian Quilters' Association national juried show in St. John's, Newfoundland. Helen's work is fantastic and this was great news for her especially since she is planning to attend the show. Not for me though. No news is bad news in this case. I started consoling myself on the virtue of digging deeper for the next time. I rationalized that I enjoy fibreart for the process and for my own pleasure not for the recognition of people I don't even know and...on and on in a depression inducing cheerleader manner.
Today, I received the two, official rejection letters in somewhat bulky envelopes. To my shock, since I had already reconciled rejection, both entries had been accepted!! My first time entering a juried show and twice lucky. It makes turning 50 tomorrow a little easier to bear. I posted this dancing anthirrium on flickr but it seems appropriate that it should do its dance in this post.
P.S. Will someone please rescue me from the clutches of flickr!!???

No comments: