Sunday, March 30, 2008

Quilters' Block


I have been stuck on this module for months. I absolutely cannot find a way to enjoy doing it. What has to be done- hand quilting- is not fun on this piece and is extremely time consuming. Catherine, my tutor, has told me to get rid of some of the layers. But I have no vision for this.

I have cleaned my house numerous times and even choosen to go for runs rather than tackle this albatross. flickr and its instant gratification is not helping. I know I have to dig deep and do this but I have some ironing that needs doing.

I talked to my fibre friend Rhonda today who has re-inspired me to take needle to cloth and perservere through this obstacle. The next C&G module has some great looking activities that I can't wait to start but I'm holding myself back until this monster is quashed.

By Friday I pledge to have the quilting completed and posted or no more flickr for a week!

1 comment:

arlee said...

I've nominated you for an Arte Y Pico Award because you inspire and amaze me--you are not obligated to respond, but i feel you deserve it immensely.