Saturday, December 1, 2007

Mountain of Thread





I removed this mountain of thread last Sunday. It took 3 hours! Would it have really mattered if I had left them there? The black minkee, wool and top are all spray adhesived together. I have no idea how I want to quilt this. To get it finished by the 12th, I was going to quilt straight channels in the border and follow the curve of the bargello. BORING... to look at and to execute. For now, I stitched the perimeter of the interior to keep that straight and square. I also quilted in the ditch around the narrow border. The straightness of the borders are killing any creative thoughts that enter my head. The borders are a prison for the cente of the quilt. The quilt looks really great laying on the bed in the guest room while I work out a quilting plan.