Sunday, December 2, 2007

Tie With Flow


The self imposed Bargello quilting deadline has been removed. Now I can enjoy coming up with a quilting plan and then enjoy the quilting without the ridiculous idea that I must get this done by a certain date hovering over me.
I have always envisioned a turquoise something and leaf shapes flowing through the Bargello strata stream. I abandonned the idea when I saw the huge size of the quilt. This tie is all I needed to spark my enthusiasm. While purchasing the substitute birthday gift - a sports jacket, I spotted this tie. The helpful sales clerk took it in stride when I asked her permission to photograph the tie. A first apparently! The flowing lines in the tie are just what I have had in mind all along. Now to adapt the lines to quilt size. I have to be careful to keep the quilting even and not too dense. I want this quilt to stay cuddly not stiff like a chunk of carpeting.